the spider ran away OH REALLY?!

Saturday, May 23, 2009

It was May 23rd, 2009. The time was 17:39 and it was sweltering hot. Mary and Tom were sitting on the playground swings, savouring every spoonful of ice-cream. They watched as a bunch kids played catching on the field, as butterflies hopped from flower to flower collecting nectar, as the sun's heat lashed out on the poor grass.

Tom turned to look at Mary. "Is there anything you want to tell me?" he asked.

Mary smiled, “I want you to inspire me.”

---


"When you smile, and the charismatic aura you radiate beguiles me, my heart palpitates with unrestrained joy and jubilation because I know I would be inspired. Inspired to spread the love, to show everyone how infectious a smile can be, to let you know that you mean the world to me."

---

At a young age, we were taught to separate balls from dolls, to stack our toys away nicely in boxes, to classify everything and anything. As we mature, our capacity for knowledge expands, and when the sophistication of life gets to us we try to simplify it and create more boxes to stack our problems away. Yet we become so obsessed with categorising the things around us, that we leave out any room for compassion and understanding and forget that there isn’t always a clear line between right and wrong. Life is meant to be ingested and savoured as a whole and the beauty of it is slowly being sieved away during the labyrinthine process we go through of trying to grasp its concept.


The complexity of human emotions makes it such that boxes are not able to contain and categorise them. So as much as we would like to, emotions cannot just be dumped into a few boxes just for our convenience. We all have to come to understand that not everything requires logic and reasoning.

Maybe some day I would gain liberation. Liberation from this maze that I've yet to find a solution for.

Maybe some day I would get the answers I seek. Beyond the boundaries of fact and fiction, with the ability to transcend the horizons of reality.

---

But for now

...

well for now

it's time for my chem tuition! :D ciao

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home