the spider ran away OH REALLY?!

Friday, June 27, 2008

:D im honoured.

the first person ever who told me she likes my post IS CASSANDRA CHOW QILEI :D

ily ily ily ily ily yay yay yay you've just boosted my ego

to celebrate this ego boost, i shall do a different kind of post.

---

As i turned the knob and pushed the door open, a cold gush of air greeted me. It wasn't exactly refreshing or stale, just the kind of air that tells me no one has been in my room since the time I left in the morning. I smiled to myself, relieved that my privacy had been respected, or at least that no one had bothered to invade my room knowing I wasn't around. But because no one had came in, the aircon had been left on. I shivered a little and thought maybe it would have been better if someone had enough sense to switch it off.

Ah, but all the better, the weather has been kind of hot anyway and today had been a tiring day. It was nice to feel the cold air on my damp skin. Feeling quite satisfied i closed and locked the door behind me. As usual, I unplugged the green earpiece from my ears and placed the it on my white box together with the attatched handphone. Grabbing 2 pillows, I flung them on the floor in front of my laptop and walked to turn the switch for the laptop on. I settled down in front of my laptop and plugging the earpiece in my ear, I could feel (and hear) Windows starting up. As the bright light pierced through the black laptop screen, I knew right away what I was going to post about today.

The screen flickered twice, my desktop wallpaper appeared on the second time and I did the usual things - opening wmp to play my songs, signing in to msn, and checking my mails. Then I opened a new IE screen and started to type in the blogger address. But at that moment, I wondered if anyone had tagged on my tagboard. Afterall, even though I had checked just this morning and most of our classmates were in school having IDMI dry run, maybe, there might be a chance someone had tagged. What if it was someone I know from quite some years ago? Or maybe a passerby who felt a great urge to tag? Whatever the case, it was still a good idea to check. No harm done anyway, it'll just take a minute.

So I paused my songs, started to type in my blog address, and a second later the song 4minutes was blasting in my ears just as I had expected. I scrolled down the green page. Sheesh, no new tag. Oh well, I might as well just reply dyllis's tag now, even though I just saw her this morning. It's more friendly to do so anyway. As I continued scrolling down, my eyes feasted on the different colours of fonts in my posts. They sure are colourful, and I really like them :)

Then it was time for me to give my colourful posts a new friend! I clicked on the words SIGN IN on the blue blogger bar, and after being directed to the dashboard, I started on my post. But it had seemed that I forgot what I had been wanting to post when I turned on the laptop. Was it about what happened today, or was it about what will happen later? Maybe it was just a random thought that frequents my mind regularly. I wasn't really sure what I was going to post about, and since I was feeling quite happy, I typed a smiley :D.

It was just then when the floor vibrated a little. Gosh, is the building coming to an end? The vibration got louder and more intense and soon it was at my feet. Oh goodness, it was just my phone. It was a good thing I decided to have my phone with me at all times during the IDMI week. Heather was calling. She asked for some research info and the ppt my group made. Sigh, another interruption. I had no choice but to take the phd from my bag and plug it into the laptop to retrieve my files. After copying them into our sharing folders, it was time to get back to the task at hand.

I saw the blank post page with a smiley face and wondered why I had typed that. Ah but since it's there, it shall just have to stay. I thought of the things that happened which made me feel happy. Something not too personal (but afterall nothing is personal for me), something not too stupid and general. Aha! Cas had commented on my post last night and I remember gigling to myself. That made a good start for a post. As I typed on about it, my thoughts I had earlier about the yet-to-be-written post came gushing back to me. Yes, that really is a good and creative idea!

Pushing up my specs and flexing my shoulders, I started on what I had wanted to post about, and as I type this, it will be reaching its completion.

TIME FOR DINNER!! (wooh it sure is early today)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home